- - That's sweet of you to say. Thank you. (Don't tell anyone I said that. Gotta maintain my image of an angry, bitter, jerkface.) -- 17:33, 8 April 2014 (MST)
The moderators have been in discussion regarding the use of wikicode since your complaint. From those talks, I'm upholding my earlier statements that I made to you on the moderators blog talk page. Wiki websites are by nature collaborative projects, so assuming that you can claim a monopoly on your specific way of doing things is absurd. To be frank, it even states every single time a user posts or edits work that all contributions to PRIMUS Database may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. You acknowledge the risk of such things by posting your work here-- this includes the possibility that someone is going to copy and/or change formatting code for their own use. We are not going to screen every user for their knowledge of netcode, nor every page for the possibility that their layouts are copied.
Additionally, we've looked into a certain page which we believe is the focus of this issue: there are similarities, but it's different enough to get a pass from us. If it was that important to get off your chest, why wait eight months down the road to bring any mention of it up? --Δ Epelesker (talk) 13:43, 24 May 2014 (MST)
- Well, in that case, it must be OK to lift someone else's writing as well. As long as I maybe paraphrase it a little, right? I think all of maybe two or three pages have ripped off my code, that I know of. What about all of the other pages that use someone else work? Sucks to be them. It seems to me that you are missing the point in what I'm trying to say. God forbid people have the decency to credit others for their efforts. -- 09:10, 31 May 2014 (MST)
- Oh and are you fucking kidding me about Nexus? They didn't even edit out my comments. It's is a blatant rip off of an old guild page design. Pft. I have better things to do than support a page where the mods don't give a shit about work I put into my pages just because it's HTML and CSS. -- 01:13, 2 June 2014 (MST)
- It is pretty crappy and I would definitely say that if someone is taking your layout they should place a notifier in their that they got the page from you. I will edit that page to put in credit that you provided the layout. We had an issue with this previously where someone pretty much copied from Sparrowhawk's layout, but they eventually put in credit to her. Credit should be given where credit is due on these, but I am all for great code, like you have been developing here, being used to bring up the quality of the site as a whole. --FrozenViolet (talk) 07:05, 2 June 2014 (MST)
- Pass. I've been seeing more people using my code without the decency to credit my work. And I know damn well some of the other coders aren't getting credit for their work either. Considering what a huge pain in the ass it is to code for MediaWiki and how I'm going to be told by a mod that Nexus' code is "different enough to pass" when it's painfully obvious that it's nearly identical does not fill me with confidence that my work or anyone else's will be respected. I have my own domain, so there is no point in me having a page here where the community doesn't care about credit and neither do mods. -- 12:58, 2 June 2014 (MST)